E-commerce is the buying and selling of goods and services, or the transmitting of funds or data, over an electronic network, primarily the internet.
We have varieties of e-commerce site operating in Nigeria today with different mission and vision. Here we are going to discuss Top 5 ecommerce website that sell drinks in Nigeria.
- Myshayo.com – Myshayo enhances liquor-shopping experiences by offering a vast selection of authentic liquor online from around the world ranging from wines, champagne, whiskey, cognac, vodka, brandy, rum, gin, liqueur and more, offering more than 600 different spirits in every style and price range,sourced directly from manufacturers/franchise dealers and offering consumers much more variety than they’ll find at any local store.Myshayo.com was officially launched on the 8th of october 2016, since then we have seen enormous growth with the organisation.Unlike other ecommerce store, myshayo.com deals with alcoholic drinks only and they are sold in cartons. The prices on the website are indicative of carton orders. Orders are generally delivered nationwide but delivery within lagos 12-48hours.
Additionally the mode of business could either business to business (B2B) or business to consumers (B2c).
- Drinks.ng – This is a similar website or ecommerce store when you compare with myshayo.com they also sell liquor only, though they are slightly different operationally. You can buy a single bottle on drinks.ng and you can also purchase in cartons, however the minimum purchase is NGN5,000. Orders over NGN100,000 are delivered free of charge, anywhere on the Island or mainland Lagos. Orders under NGN100,000 incur a delivery charge Deliveries must include Wine, Champagne and/or Spirits.
- Buydrinks.ng – Buy drinks is a drinks store, they sell both soft drinks and liquor. At buy drinks you can only buy in retails that is to say you can purchase a single bottle of your desired drink, no carton purchase though therefore you might get it at a retail price which might be more expensive.
- Jumia.com.ng – Jumia is an open marketplace for retail goods therefore they sell varieties of product and brand ranging from fashion, electronics, groceries and drinks unlike the other store they are not concentrated on drinks they sell other retail products. Since jumia is a retail store they sell liquor at retail unit and prices. additionally the heavy presence or availability of liquor might not be there.
- Konga.com – Konga is a retail customer base market place, offering products that span various categories including Phones, Computers, Clothing, Shoes, Home Appliances, Books, healthcare, Baby Products, personal care drinks and much more. Like jumia konga may not have that heavy presence or availability of liquor in store so you might not see varieties to choose from like myshayo.com and drinks.ng.
We will like to hear from you please send us what you think via the comment box.